Reply to this topicStart new topic
AE accuracy
Admin
post Dec 7 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm a Solar Fire user since 2000 but like your program for nice appearance, affordable price and crisp graphics.
Nevertheless, it's a new product and I doubt about accuracy. How accurate Astroelite is? Will I see any difference in planets and houses positions with other major astrological programs like Matrix Winstar, Kepler or Solar Fire?

There are two types of accuracy apply to any astrology software: space object positions precision and used methods implementation accuracy.
The first mostly depends on math used for planetary calculations. In our days almost all astro-programmers use JPL or Swiss Ephemeris. The latter based on the first, so actually there is a single source of data and algorithms.

AstroElite programs has the same accuracy as Solar Fire and Kepler. Winstar is older program and it doesn't use above mentioned ephemeris and there might be slight discrepancy in planets and house cuspids positions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Admin
post Dec 7 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Natal chart 1

AstroElite

Solar Fire (Esotech)

Kepler (Cosmic Patterns)

Natal chart 2

AstroElite

Solar Fire

Kepler

Winstar (Matrix)

Astrodienst

As you might see all wheel positions, except Solar Fire, are identical.
Some differences may be caused by rounding approach. For example, in first chart the Sun position is 1232'52" Leo and it is logically to plot that as 1233' but for some reason Solar Fire doesn't do this. May be it's a settings problem but it looks like Solar Fire has lowest accuracy.

Natal chart 3

+Quote Post
Admin
post Dec 7 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #3

Administrator

Progressions and directions

+Quote Post