'Of drinking of wine'
Admin
post Aug 26 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Astrology Restored by William Ramesey 1653
AN INTRODUCTION TO THE JUDGEMENT OF THE STARS WHEREIN THE WHOLE ART OF ASTROLOGY
AN INTRODUCTION TO ELECTIONS
SECTION V:Containing Rules for Electing a time for any Work, or thing appertaining to the fifth House
CHAP VII: Of Drinking of Wine and other Drinks.

Even now you have been at a Feast, and since so, it is requisite I give you also some drink after it, otherwise it will be but a dry one: but since perhaps you are a good-fellow, or one that loves your liquor better then your meat, I intend to give you of the best, and that such as comes out of Bacchus his own Rampant Bucephalus; it is Nectar and Ambrosia, such as will make the wilkin roar, that will pay all debts when money is short, that will make a Beggar an Emperor, and an Emperor a Fool; to be short, it will make you merry when all your spirits are at the lowest; it is a remedy against all diseases, and is good against the simples; and will make a fat fellow lean the soonest of any thing that is. But I need not say any more, I believe you art convinced long since of the virtues thereof, if you art a lover of the Beast Bacchus; I think you desire now rather to taste it then hear of it; I will not promise to make you drunk therewith, however I will give you as much as will countervail what you hast eaten at my Feast; but if you at length go away with an appetite, be not angry; it is to be noted it is a Scholars Feast, not an Epicures, Wherefore

Take this Cup, and know that if the wine be not good, it is the fault of those that pressed the grapes; for had they observed this rule I will here give you, it had been much better; but to be short, the receipe is thus.

A recipe to make good wine.
  • Recipe Pisces or Taurus, and put the Moon therein in configuration of Venus; this is all, but this I'll warrant you will make the wine passing good, and drink pleasingly and delightfully;
  • but mingle not the beams of the Moon with Saturn, for that will spoil all the rest of your Ingredients, and will make your wine crabbish and harsh to the palate, and no wise delectable or pleasing to the drinker; and not only so, but very hurtful to the body;
  • avoid also the beams of Mars, for he will make it heady, and cause the drinkers to quarrel and fall out with each other, and the vessel you put it in to break or come to some mischance or other;
  • the beams of Jupiter or Mercury would do very well to mingle with the Moon, as also the beams of the Sun, provided they be infused by Sextile or Trine.

In making of other drinks it is necessary you also follow the same receipt with the same Ingredients, for it will make them both pleasant and good; and this is worth your learning, when with one receipt you are taught how to make all manner of drinks.

Know also that when you would take off your cups merrily without offence to either your friends or others, let the Ascendant at the time you begin be fortunate, as also the Lord thereof, the Moon and its dispositor, also the Lord of the fifth and sign of the fifth, and let them be free from the configurations of Mars, and in reception with the Lord of the seventh and eleventh, or with the Lords of those Houses signifying the parties you should be merry and civil with, &c.

So now since you have had your fill of good cheer and drink, let me desire your pardon that I may go also into my element of writing, and then perhaps anon I may send my boy to you with some comfortable odours or unguents. Or if you have surfeited , and may thereby prove sick, I have a remedy for you a little further, which I may send all under one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:54 AM